Thursday 12 March 2015

Corner keepers

Hi! Design Elf Katrina here. First I have to apologise for not posting here for so long. Life has just been getting in the way of my crafting recently, I am sure you know how that feels but I think things have settled down a bit now and I have been able to get back in my craft nook again.

    So what have I been up to, well I love all the wonderful ephemera The Fruit Pixie brings us, thanks to Sarah- Jane's skill of finding those little gems, so I have used some as well as some paper scraps we all keep to make what I call corner keepers.


   I have been making these for years, they are a fun quick little project that would be lovely to slip onto a corner of a book you are giving as a gift or use in recipe books to mark you favourite recipe or anywhere really. They are also great little projects to keep children busy.



They are very easy to make. All you need is an old envelope and something to decorate you corner keeper.


First draw the shape you want, I used a template for my heart. You just need to make sure the corner of the envelope is in one piece when you cut your shape out, as long as you do that you can make any shape you wish.



You can make 2 out of each envelope, I made the heart and simply cut the corner off for the other one.

Then all you need to do is decorate them


For this one I cut the fairy from one of the pieces of ephemera and then used a star punch to make a little stencil to apply Cosmic Shimmer sparkle paste through. I  added a little of the paste to her wings and dress too. I cut out a dictionary entry to finish it off.


For the heart one I used a scrap of the Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar papers and added another dictionary entry.

You can use anything to decorate them as long as its flat.

This is a great way to use up all those scraps and there are always envelopes you can recycle too!

Hope you will give it a go
      Happy Crafting!
                                     Love Katrina


No comments:

Post a Comment