Saturday 11 July 2015

Bonkers hat project

Hi everyone, design elf Katrina here with a bit of a bonkers project for you today. I don't know if its the heat or just the crazy Mad Hatter stamp set by Visible Image but making a bonkers Mad Hatter Tea party hat just sort of felt right!



The hat was made using my Silhouette Cameo machine, the file is the mourners hat from the Silhouette store but this could be a box or even just a plain card made into a bonkers card!



The main character is the Mad Hatter from Visible Image which I stamped coloured and cut out. I then made a mat for him using the same card as the hat, just so he would be a bit more sturdy as I wanted him to stick out from the hat.


I also stamped the quote from the set onto white card and cut it out.


The bow came with the hat file but there are plenty of dies out there for them or you could use a ribbon. The flower was made using the Sue Wilson's Cornflower die. I cut 2 large out of black, 2 next size down out of some card suite card I had the some of the smaller ones in black and the tiniest in the card suit again. The crazy springs come from the Sue Wilson Splendid swirls die set. I then glued the flower into the centre of the bow before adding it to the hat.


I also used the Splendid swirls set to cut some swirls to go behind the Mad Hatter and lots of the  springs, some with die cut cups and teapots in green and purple and the card suite card to make the hat look totally mad!

So there it is my totally bonkers Mad Hatters tea party hat!


Hope you like it!

Hope you are having a totally bonkers crafting day!

                                                                  Love Katrina




No comments:

Post a Comment