Friday 3 February 2017

Rose stamped card

Hello, design elf Katrina here to show you another of my crafty projects.

  Now I have been crafting for many, many years and it was stamping that made my eyes light up and switch from needle work to paper crafting. That was until I discovered what we used to call altered art back in the day but now you would know it as mixed media and stamps lost their attraction.

   One of my new years arty goals for this year is to get back into stamping. So, once a month, one of my weekly posts will be a stamped project and here is the first one!

  It was my parents 56th wedding anniversary a few days ago and this is the card I made for them. Of course Valentines day is just around the corner so this would be a lovely card for that too or even for a summer wedding card.

  The stamp kit I was working with was the Visible Image Immortal Love set ( link below ).
 

To begin with the background. I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller then my 5x7 card blank. 
 I took the damask stamp from the set and stamped it may times to make the background using the Distress ink milled lavender.



For the roses arrangement I stamped the large rose once and the smaller rose 3 times onto a patterned paper using distress ink pumice stone. 
I then cut them out.
I made the card by first using a border punch from Mather Stewart and then layered the roses up using some 3D foam.
I cut some heart shaped leaves using a die and poked them into the rose arrangement.


I then stamped the "love" and "is forever" stamps onto the background using more of the Distress ink pumice stone.
I added a little stickles glitter to the centre of the roses and inked around the edges of the card front with both the milled lavender and the pumice stone.
I then mounted my card front onto my card blank to finish.


I hope you enjoyed my stamped project. If you have been inspired and would like to purchase the things I used, you can find them in the shop using the links below.

5x7 card blanks - 
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/5-x-7-card-blanks-511-c.asp

Visible Image stamp set -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/5-x-7-card-blanks-511-c.asp

Distress ink - 
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/ink-pads-84-c.asp

Join me again very soon for another crafty project,
Until then take care
                                  Love Katrina.







2 comments: