Friday 22 September 2017

Craft Consortium Tell the Bees hanging decoration

Hello, design elf Katrina here to show you my latest project using the Craft Consortium Tell the Bees paper pad.  First of all I must apologise for not posting a project for the past couple of weeks but I have been in Vienna celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary with my wonderful husband. Now though I am back and bursting with creativity.    So for this weeks project I have made a hexagonal hanging decoration using the beautiful Tell the Bees paper kit.
The decoration itself is a file I cut using my Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting machine but there are all kinds of decorations available to decorate.
 
I used the script paper from the paper pad to make the actual decoration.
 
I used a tiny part of one of the papers to collage the bee hives into the centre of the decoration. 
 
I then used a few of the wonderful sequins to add a little shine to the collage.
 
The little bees around the outside are also from one of the papers, you get a huge amount of bees on one sheet of paper!
 
On the other side of the decoration I stamped the hexagonal stamp a couple of times on the background. This is very easy to do as the stamps are clear, so you can see where you are stamping. I stamped this using the Distress ink Tea Dye.
 
I added some of the little bees that I had cut from the paper. I raised them up on 3d foam. Of course I had to use some of the sequins to add a bit of sparkle.
 
I also added a sequin or two around the outside of the decoration to catch the light.
 
This is such a cute little decoration. You can find all that I used in the shop
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/
 
I hope you liked my little decoration
 
I will be back again very soon with some more inspiration for you, until then,
 
Take care, love Katrina x
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment