Tuesday 6 August 2013

Ruby Rocket cook collection die storage

Hi everyone, Katrina here, design elf for the Fruit Pixie.

 One of the things I like about Ruby Rocket is the fact that not all the papers in the cook collection have to be used with a cooking theme.

  Here for example I have used them together with the Stix 2 magnetic storage sheets to make this storage book for my thin dies ( and I thought I only had a few !! ) Well here is how I did it.

 
I covered some recycled stiff packaging card with the 12x12 Ruby Rocket cook Polka cardstock and added one of the borders from the Ruby Rocket cook Miscellenea 12x12 cardstock. I added pieces of cream ribbon before covering the back of the cover with more of the Polka cardstock but this time used the pattern on the other side. I then decorated with some of the tickets from the Ruby Rocket cook 12x12 Tokens cardstock. The pennants are from the Ruby Rocket Cook die cut pack. The letters are from my own craft bits.
 
I then punched holes in both the covers and then used them as a template to punch holes in the plastic CD covers, you can buy these readily on the high street, which would hold my dies. I chose to use D rings but you could use round book rings to bind your book.

 
I then cut the magnetic sheets up to fit into the plastic CD covers. I really like these magnetic sheets because they are nice and sturdy and one the other side they have the right kind of surface to store your stamps that go with your dies! Clever eh??
 
 
One thing though, because the sheet is A4 you can only get a couple of the larger pieces out of a sheet but I just used the smaller pieces for smaller dies.
 
I then labelled the covers with the name and make of the die that was inside and made dividers so I can find what I am looking for easily using Ruby Rocket Cook 12x12 Floral cardstock.
 

 
So now my dies are safe and sorted so I can find them easily, all using the Ruby Rocket cook collection and not a knife and fork in sight!
 
It feels great being all sorted out, why not give it a go, you might be surprised how many small dies you have!
 
   Happy Crafting
                                      Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment