Tuesday 29 September 2015

Marion Smith Design collaged file folder

Hi there, design elf Katrina here to show you what I have been up to in my craft nook lately.

Have you seen the new papers by Marion Smith Designs in the shop yet? They are right up my street and I just couldn't wait to get crafting with them. They have lots of great collage pieces on them and they have not been collaged for you too much so it leaves you to do with them what ever you wish. 

As I expect you can tell I love to collage and so I decided use the Timekeeper set first and to make a collaged file folder using the file that comes on the Portfolio 12x12 sheet. 



So to begin with I simply cut out the file folder, scored it and folded it in half. I then inked around the edges. The word Journey comes from the Tinker page.


I then used the Gypsy clear stamps, the Timekeeper set would work as well, to stamp a background on the inside cover and used the different components from the papers to collage. The die cut cogs are cut from one of the Tim Holtz dies but you could use any Steampunk style dies.


Don't you just love this image!


I wanted something inside the file folder so I made up the envelope from the Tinker 12x12 sheet and made what is called a "Tip in " by attaching the envelope lengthwise using washi tape to the fold of the file folder then turning the page so to speak and attaching it on the back as well with the same washi tape. This then makes a new page. I used one of the Tim Holtz washi tapes as it seamed to go quite well but you could use anything you have. I then used more of the elements on the papers and the stamps again to fill in the spaces.


I then made a tag to go inside the envelope, I love to have bits hidden away to find. For this I just used a scrap of card and some of the collage elements again. The Timekeeper word is in fact the name on the tare strip of the paper.



I then collaged the reverse of the envelope


I had great fun collaging this file, there are so many great elements in this paper collection


I just couldn't resist making this little pull out using the top hat advertisements, such fun!

This is not the only project I have made using this paper collection, so if you liked this project then stay tuned!!

This is such a versatile collection, if you like to make vintage style cards or any vintage style project in fact then there is so may elements to use. It is also beautiful paper to work with too. I am so looking forward to trying the Gypsy collection by Marion Smith Designs.

You can find the paper collection in the shop here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/timekeeper-682-c.asp

Hope you enjoyed my project, please leave me a comment if you did 

Have a great crafting day!
                         Love Katrina







No comments:

Post a Comment