Friday 18 September 2015

Shiori doll plaque

Hi there, design elf Katrina here to show you my latest project using the wonderful things here at The Fruit Pixie.

As you can tell by my latest posts I have been in an Asian mood of late and this time I have brought together the lovely Spellbinders Dancing lanterns die along with the papers from Far and Away and one of my Shiori dolls to make a sweet wall hanging plaque. 


For my plaque I used a wooden blank from my collection but you could use anything really that is stiff enough, or a canvas perhaps would be good.

I covered the wooden blank with a piece of the Far and Away Light blue character paper and added a border top and bottom.


I cut the Spellbinders dancing lanterns out of the Far and Away papers 6 from the Dragon Shimmer and then 4 from the Black character.

I then stuck the lanterns onto the White dragon paper and cut them out and shaped them

From 3 of the red lanterns and 2 of the red ones I just cut the middle sections of the lanterns out and then stuck then in the centre of the others using 3d foam to give a 3d look. 


I used a thin wire to string across the plaque and then up to make the hanger.


I made my origami Shiori doll from the Far and Away Lanterns shimmer paper and her Obi is from a scrap of the red dragon shimmer.

I placed her where I wanted her and arranged the lanterns around her and stuck them all down.


To finish off I cut a Chinese character on my Silhouette cameo to go in the bottom corner.

As you can see from this project and the others these products go so well together. I hope you like my plaque and will have a go yourself.

What ever you are doing I hope you have fun crafting.

                                                     Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment