Monday 21 December 2015

Glitter Snowflakes

Hello, design elf Katrina here with the last post this for this year.

      Now I love snow, snowflakes especially and have quite a collection of snowflakey things to craft with. I just can't pass them by. So when Sarah-Jane sent me the new Woodware Chipboard snowflakes Chippies I just couldn't wait to play with them!

For me Christmas snowflakes have to sparkle, that's just the law, but I also wanted them to have colour too. The best way to get both I found was to paint then first and then glitter them.


For this one I painted the largest snowflake with the Cosmic Shimmer chalk paint Alice Blue, the middle snowflake Cosmic Shimmer Nude and the top one with the Cosmic Shimmer Warm White.

For the glitter I reached for my Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle texture paste which I applies with a paint brush. The largest snowflake is covered in Silver Moon sparkle paste, the middle one in Pink Blush sparkle paste and the top one in Aurora sparkle paste.

I left them all to dry over night then layered them up using PVA glue. You will need a wet glue because of all that wonderful glitter! I then added a gem to finish it off.


Snowflake 2 was painted with the Cosmic Shimmer chalk paints Nude and Warm White and then covered in the Cosmic Shimmer sparkle paste Pink Blush over the Nude paint and then Aurora sparkle paste over the Warm White chalk paint.

Again I left them to dry over night and layered them up using PVA glue.


For the final snowflake I decided to try a darker colour. The top snowflake was painted with PaperArtsy  London night paint and the bottom snowflake in PaperArtsy Snowflake.

I then covered them in the Cosmic Shimmer sparkle paste Silver Moon over the London night paint and Aurora Cosmic Shimmer sparkle paste over the Snowflake paint.

It was made in the same way as the others and a large gem added at the end to finish it off.

These look so pretty hung on the tree or if you can bare to part with then they would look beautiful on a gift.

You can find what I used in the shop by following these links - 

WoodWare Snowflake Chippies - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/woodware-chipboard-414-c.asp

Cosmic Shimmer Chalk paint - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/cosmic-shimmer-paints-644-c.asp

Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle paste - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/cosmic-shimmer-texture-paste-622-c.asp

The gems are from my own stock

Well I hope you enjoyed looking at my Glitter snowflakes and perhaps make some for your tree.

Have a wonderful Christmas and I will look forward to sharing more of my projects with you in the New Year.

                                                                        Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment