Friday 20 May 2016

Graphic 45 Enchanted Forest Fairy Tower

Hello, design elf Katrina here to show you what I have been up to in my craft nook.

     At the moment I am working with the Graphic 45 Enchanted Forest papers. If you know Graphic 45 you will know all about the wonderful quality and smell of these papers!! If you have never tried Graphic 45 then please try them they are truly beautiful.

     Now, I was playing with these papers at my last crop and a lot of my crafty friends, although they love Graphic 45, said they found then difficult to use because they were too nice and didn't want to spoil them. I have herd many people say this and even felt it myself, but if you keep them in a draw and look at them now and again, where is the real pleasure in that? But if you jump in and make something with them, cut them up and make a beautiful project, you then have had the pleasure of making something and then you can then either use it, looking at it or giving it to someone. Now I think that is far better then having a cupboard full of paper isn't it?

    So with that in mind, here is my first project using these wonderful papers.

  When I first looked through the 12x12 papers and paper pad the first thing that I wanted to make to make a fairy tower. The closest thing I could find was a chess piece made using my Silhouette Cameo.


I increased the size of the tower slightly and cut the pieces out on my machine in craft card. I then used the different elements in the 8x8 paper pack to decorate my tower.



Of course the tower had to have a flag. So I cut down a bamboo skewer and using a die and my die cutting machine cut out a flag from one of the pattern papers.

One of the papers has rows and rows of these wonderful flags. I cut some of them out and glued them to some bakers twine.

There are plenty of boarders and word strips within the patterned papers to cut out and use to decorate your projects.


For the main body of the tower I used the script paper.


Then the base was also decorated with patterned paper and boarders to finish the tower off.



The project all came together so easily as these papers are just so nice to work with. 

I think my Fairy Tower looks right at home among the primroses in our garden don't you ?


Do give these papers a go, there are endless projects you can make with them. I will be showing you a few over the next few blog posts.

you can find the papers in the shop here -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/enchanted-forest-696-c.asp

the bakers twine here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/fibres-ribbons--trims-54-c.asp

              Happy Crafting 
                                                   Love Katrina 


No comments:

Post a Comment