Saturday 12 August 2017

Craft Consortium Gypsy Gypsy papers Toadstool house

Hello, design elf Katrina here again to show you my latest project using the Craft Consortium Gypsy Gypsy paper kit.   As soon as I saw these beautiful papers I knew I wanted to make a fairy house. I decide on the SVG Cuts Toadstool house box from their cotton tail village set to cut on my Silhouette Cameo.  
I cut all the pieces in white cardstock to make the box and toadstool more sturdy, then cut the pieces again in the Craft Consortium Gypsy Gypsy papers.
 
For the bottom of the box I used the beautiful gilded paper, which cut extremely well on my machine.
 
For the lid I used the glitter dot paper and then decorated it with one of the rub-ons that come in the paper kit.
 
 
The top of the toadstool I used the deep pink print paper in the kit and then covered the white spots with Glossy Accents crackle.
 
Of course they just had to have a pet ladybird cut from the flower paper.
 
 
The two little fawn fairies who live in the toadstool were from one of my digital kits. You can find lots of free pictures on the internet to use for them. I then used a deer die but just cut off his antlers to stick on their heads.
 
The flowers are all taken from the flower collage paper and I also added some dried moss to make it look like the forest floor.
 
The trick to making them stand up by themselves is very simple. I actually used the waste backing of the rub-ons but you can use acetate or anything see-through you have to hand. I cut it to size then folded in half. I then stuck my fairies on to one side and the bottom of the folded piece to the box so they stood up by themselves. 
I did the same for the flowers too.
 
All it needed then was a dab of glitter pen and a little door knob for the front door and their home was complete!!
 
I really hope you like my Fawn Fairy Toadstool house. It really was such fun to make and I am sure my friends would agree very me!!
 
You can find the Craft Consortium Gypsy Gypsy paper kit here -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craft-consortium-paper-pad-gypsy-gypsy-26861-p.asp
 
I will be back very soon with another crafty project,
Until then take care,
   Love Katrina 

No comments:

Post a Comment