Monday 15 December 2014

Music sheet Rosette

Hi Design elf Katrina here with another quick Christmas project. I am not in my craft nook at the moment but in Austria absorbing the Christmas atmosphere.

  I have wanted to make one of these big rosette Christmas decorations for a while and they look amazing on the tree. I think I will be making some more.


I made mine using the music paper pack. Cut them into strips along the music, I used 4 strips for this one. Then I used the Christmas washi tape and stuck it along the outside edge of each strip. I then used my ever useful Hougie board and scored the strips every cm. I then joined them all together with wet glue and formed them into a circle and pushed the middle down to form the rosette. Have a circle of card ready to stick to the back of the rosette. That will stop it popping back up again.


For the image in the middle I used  the Craft UK collage topper sheets that I have punched out with a circle punch and then backed it with some of the card in the pack. I added some bakers twine to the back to hang it on the tree.

You can make these as big or small as you like, they are quick and easy to make and look very vintage on the tree.

Don't forget to visit the design team section in the shop for the shopping list for this project.

Have fun with them
                   Love Katrina

1 comment:

  1. That looks gorgeous Katrina. I'm going to try one of those, although I don't have a whatsit board. I'm trying to find out what they are called in Spanish so I can source one here....

    ReplyDelete