Tuesday 24 October 2017

Spooky Halloween House decoration

Hello, design elf Katrina here. Thank you for joining me today. Halloween is growing near and I have a Spooky Halloween house decoration to show you.
The inspiration for this Halloween decoration was the Crafty Individuals chipboard houses and trees. I really love playing with these and I have made a couple of different things with them, I will add links below but I have never made a Halloween House before.
 
I used two of the chipboard houses to make my halloween house. I glued together after I had finished the surface decoration on them I also used a piece of the fencing and one of the tree trunks. 
 
I wanted to use lots of different mediums on my house but to begin with I painted the house using the Cosmic Shimmer chalk paints. I used black for the roof and the tree trunk then a purple for the house and white for the fence. For the windows I used a light yellow so they glowed!
 
To make the roof more roof like I used the midnight glitter texture past through a stencil. Its very easy to do, just lay your template down and scrape your texture paste through the stencil using a pallet knife. Then lift the stencil off gently and wash the paste off your stencil and pallet knife immediately before it dries.
 
I used the same method for the house but this time I mixed some of the Cosmic Shimmer silk glitter into some of the clear texture paste to make my own colour.
 
For the fence I just smoothed on some of the crystal texture paste over the shape to make it sparkle.
 
Once Everything was dry I could build up my scene.
 
The windows just needed a little something more, so I used one of the IndigoBlu tiny background stamps with a grey ink to add a pattern then put them into the windows.
 
The little die cuts are from one of my own dies from Cuttlebug. I have had it for ages but there are plenty of dies and embellishments you can add to your house.
 
I also added some of the Cosmic Shimmer glitter jewels ebony ice to the bottom of my house to finish it off.
 
Now of course you could leave it there, put your house onto a card or box but I decided to set it on the moon!
 
I cut a moon shape and using the gold glitter paste added some stars from a star template. Then stuck my house to the moon and went around the edge with some black ink.
 
So, you can find the chipboard houses and trees in the shop here -
 
The paints here -
 
The texture pastes here -
 
Glitter -
 
Glitter jewels -
 
I did mention that I had used these chipboard houses before. You can find my projects links below
 
My little street -
 
Sunshine plaque -
 
 
Thank you for joining me today, please come back again soon to see another one of my projects for The Fruit Pixie.
Love Katrina x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment