Wednesday 15 May 2013

Chalkboard Triptyic

Hi everyone, Katrina the design elf here again. This time I have been playing with the wonderful Crafty individuals chipboard frames and swirls, you can find them in the chipboard and alterable section. There are so many things you can do with these and they are so easy to paint or ink as they have such a smooth finish.

With mine I decided to make something different, a blackboard triptych which you can put on your desk and add notes or just doodles or what ever you want really.
 

   I started by painting the 3 larger frames and then added a crackle glaze. I then, although you can't see it very well, stamped over the top. To connect the 3 frames together I reinforced 2 pieces of ribbon with a couple of strips of card, otherwise I found it wouldn't stand up and glued them to the backs of the frames. Then covered the square back with book papers to tidy it up
 

  I then cut 3 pieces of blackboard vinyl, which I got in Wilkinsons but you can get it all over the place now, and added a couple of hand cut book page leaves which I stained with some of the Ranger distress stain wild honey. I also added one of the Craftime Enchanted metal flowers to finish it off.
 

    This would make a lovely gift of course but why not make one instead of a card, write your birthday message in chalk and then they can wipe it off after their birthday and use it again.

                                                                               Happy crafting! Love Katrina x

No comments:

Post a Comment