Friday 10 January 2014

Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar Exploding box

Hi there and Happy New Year from design elf Katrina. Now the festivities are over and everything and every one is back to normal again I have been able to get back into my craft room.

   I don't know about you but I always like something colourful to play with after Christmas and the Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar is just the thing!

    A while ago I was asked for an exploding box so I decided to make one using this colourful collection.


For the lid I used the 12x12 Bohemian Bazaar paper and then added a punched strip using some of the left over strips


As the papers are double sided I used the left over pieces for the photo mounts




So here is how I made my exploding box -

1. Take the 12x12 Bohemian Bazaar kaleidoscope  ( this will be the outside of your box ) and score at 4" on all 4 sides so you have a H shape. Then cut out the 4 corner squares and put them aside for later.

2.  Then take the 12x12 Bohemian Bazaar vivid splendour and cut it down to 11x11". Then score at 3 3/4" on all 4 sides so you have the H shape and again cut out the 4 corner squares and put aside.

3. For the last layer take 12x12 Bohemian Bazaar Opulent sunset and cut it to 10x10" . Then score at 3 1/2" on all 4 sides and again cut out the 4 corner squares.

4. For the lid cut the 12x12 Bohemian Bazaar and cut an 8x8 square. Then score at 1 7/8" on all 4 sides and cut one side of the square on the corner. Fold the lines and glue the small squares to the sides to form a lid.

5. Fold your layers and then pile them on top of each other and stick together at the base.

6. Add the squares we cut out before as your photo mats and decorate.

Hope you will try this collection, it is so bright and breezy, just the thing to brighten up these dull days!

                                                                                             Love Katrina x

No comments:

Post a Comment