Wednesday 28 May 2014

Creative Expressions butterfly girl stamp set card idea

Hi everyone, Design Elf Katrina here to show you what I have been up to in my craft room. I can't believe it has been so long since my last post, I have been beavering away in my little craft room, promise!!   Here is one of the things I have been doing.

   Now I love my stamps but more often than not these days I tend to use them in a supporting role rather then the main feature but when I spied this set of stamps from U - mount by Creative Expressions I could see so many possibilities, I just had to have it. The set is called Butterfly Girl, there is also Artful ladies which I don't have yet but might just fall in to my basket next time I am shopping!


   OK, I have made several project just using this stamp set and also have some more ideas I want to try, so I will be showing you them over the next few blog posts.


   This first one is a card with a book paper background and washi tape edges that fits well with look of these stamps. I used the spotty stamps to add some interest in the background and the stitch style stamp as grass at the bottom.


For all the stamped images I stamped them in black onto some canvas paper and coloured them in using the Tim Holtz distress pens. For the wings I just traced over the stamped lines with a blue pen. I then cut them all out, stamped the hearts straight onto the card and stuck the cut out hearts over the top. Once I was happy with the placing of the other images I stuck them onto the card.

This stamp set is great for colouring in and adding your own doodles too. Stay tuned for more ideas with this lovely stamp set, until then
                                      Happy Crafting!!

                                                                            Love Katrina






1 comment: