Tuesday 8 September 2015

Shiori Dolls made with Far and Away papers

Hi, design elf Katrina here to show you what I have been up to recently in my craft nook!

  I have always loved Origami, I spent most of my revision time for my exams making origami animals with the paper pad rather than notes on history and commerce! I did pass my exams but also fell in love with paper folding.

   Then a few years ago I bought a kit at my local craft shop to make Shiori dolls. The trouble was the papers were so lovely I just didn't want to spoil them, so they went away in my craft cupboard but I have been in quite an oriental mood recently with all the dies and cards I have made so I dug out the kit and made one of the dolls up.

  I then remembered how well the Far and Away papers folded and so decided to make one up using them...............   Trouble is I had so much fun I couldn't just stop at one!


These are very easy to make, there are lots of instructions on the internet.


The Far and Away papers make lovely dolls. I used the scraps left over from the cards I have been making over the past few weeks

Its always nice to do something different with your papers. These make great bookmarks too.

The next project I have to show you includes one of these cute Shiori dolls along with the dancing lantern dies.

What ever you are doing with your papers I hope you have fun crafting!
                                                                                                            Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment