Thursday 1 February 2018

Craft Consortium Winter Woodland Art Journal page

Hello and welcome, I am design elf Katrina and I am here to show you what I have been up to in my craft nook.      I thought it had been a while since I had made a page for my Junk and disorderly journal by IndigoBlu. So I decided to work in that for todays post. Here is what I came up with.
I began by sticking a piece of the Craft Consortium silver snowflakes decoupage papers to a white page.
 
I then added some cosmic shimmer paint around the edges to give a sort of frame look.
 
Using the Craft Consortium Winter Woodland stamp set I stamped and heat embossed the fawn, squirrel and hedgehog along with a forest full of toadstools. I coloured them in using the Ranger Distress pens. Then cut them all out.
 
I then used the acorn bough stamp, which I stamped in brown distress ink around the page and then added some colour with pastel pencils which I smudged to give a soft look.
 
I also stamped the toadstool stamp several times on the forest floor.
 
Using my Ranger distress crayons I made the frame more pronounced around the edge of the page
 
It needed something else in the trees, so I stamped and heat embossed the pine cone stamp several times, coloured them and cut them out. Then stuck them in the trees.

Then I arranged all the animals and toadstools in the woodland and when I was happy with how they looked I stuck them down.

I found a quote I liked and wrote it on my page.

You can never have too much snow so I added some snowflake die cuts and some dots of white acrylic ink. I also ran the white acrylic ink around the frame to finish it off.

Although this page looks detailed it really is very easy to put together.

You can find the art journal I am working in in the shop here -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/indigoblu-junk-and-disorderly-art-journal-26811-p.asp

The Craft Consortium decoupage papers here-

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craft-consortium-decoupage-papers-silver-snowflakes-25870-p.asp

The Craft Consortium Winter Woodland stamps here -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craft-consortium-clear-stamps-winter-woodland-27420-p.asp

Cosmic Shimmer paints here -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/cosmic-shimmer-paints-644-c.asp

Ranger distress ink here -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/ink-pads-84-c.asp

I think that is everything.

I hope you like my art journal page and will come back again soon so I can show you another craft project.

   Until then take care, 

         love Katrina   

No comments:

Post a Comment