Sunday 22 April 2018

3D beehive card

Hello! Design elf Katrina here with a new project to inspire you.   Well here in the South West of England spring is finally here! The birds are nesting and the bumblebees are busy in the flowerpots. Perhaps that is what inspired me to make this card.      Its a 3D Beehive shaped card. I designed it myself in the Silhouette software which comes with the Silhouette electronic cutting machines. I have designed it so it will lay down flat to post it.

The papers I used for my card are the “Tell it to the bees “ papers from Craft Consortium, which are back in stock!

I used the gold hexagon paper for the hive and the bees I cut out of another paper which has rows of bees on it. 

I wanted my bees to hover over the card front so I attached some craft wire to them and then wrapped it around a pencil to make a kind of spring.

All the beautiful sequins are also from Craft Consortium Tell the bees set.

 

You can find the Craft Consortium Tell the bees paper pad in the shop here -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craft-consortium-paper-pad-tell-the-bees-26864-p.asp

 

The Craft Consortium Tell the bees sequins here -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/tell-the-bees---honeycomb-sequins-26880-p.asp

 

 Any questions about my project I will be happy to answer.

Until next time, love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment