Sunday 1 July 2018

Craft Consortium decoupage paper Hare

Hello, design elf Katrina here to share another project with you. Today it is a project using the Craft Consortium decoupage papers.

  I found this wonderful hare in my local Pound shop, he was painted bronze and, if you didn’t touch him, looked pretty convincing. But with a little crafting magic he looked, in my opinion, even better!


To begin with I covered him in several coats of white gesso. I like a white base for the Craft Consortium decoupage papers so the design shines out.

Then I got to work with the papers. I tore around the little images in the paper and gradually applied them to the hare. Tarring will help the little pieces meld into each other and give you a nice even finish.

I apply the wet glue to the surface of the hare, the back of the paper and once the paper is on the hare, over the top the paper too. I find it easier to do the last step with my finger but if you don’t fancy that then a brush is fine.

Once he was completely covered and dry, I used a pastel pencil to add some shadows and then rubbed in some pearl paint to seal the pastel pencil and add some glimmer.




I just couldn’t stop myself from adding a die cut bow tie cut from one of my Gelli plate prints that matched the pink flowers of the decoupage paper.

You can find the Craft Consortium decoupage papers in the shop here -

The IndigoBlu Slap it on glue here -

If you have any questions then please ask them below.

       Until the next post, take care, 
                        Love Katrina x


No comments:

Post a Comment