Sunday 13 May 2012

Lynne Perrella Frame

I just love the new stamps from Paper Artsy Lynne Perrella and using one of my favourite techniques I came up with this frame. The frame came from the £1 shop but any frame with a deep surround will be fine.
 I used - PaperArtsy Lynne Perrella Collection LPC003
Fresco Finish Acrylics - Toad Hall
Crackle glaze
Honey dew
... London night
Tim Holtz distress ink
Template of your choice
White tissue paper
Black ink pad, one that drys on glossy surfaces
PVA glue
To alter your frame -
1. Remove the glass and rub the wood down with sandpaper and wipe off the dust. I gave my frame a coat of gesso but you don't have to. Paint the frame with the Toad Hall acrylic and leave to dry. Apply the crackle glaze with an old credit card or similar thing, if you have nothing like that just add a thin layer with a paint brush. Leave to dry or dry with a heat tool. Paint over the Honey dew and watch it crack!! Leave to dry.
2. Using your chosen template sponge through your distress ink using a piece of cut and dry.
3. Stamp out a variety of your images from the Lynn Perrella stamps on to tissue paper and once dry tear around then as close as you dare. Decide where they are all to go and then carefully, I find it easiest to use my finger, cover the backs of them with PVA glue and gently pat them into place. Leave to dry.
4. Apply some London night around the edges of your frame and once dry put your frame back together and its ready for a photo!
For close ups of the frame see Katrina's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment