Sunday 3 February 2013

Cosmic Shimmer hearts

Hi there, Katrina the Fruit Pixies design elf here.

We always think of using our spray inks on paper but you can use them on material too. They give a lovely look and as its near to Valentines Day I have made a couple of hearts using calico and the Cosmic Shimmer Vintage mists.

First I drew a heart onto calico and sprayed the material with the Cosmic Shimmers spray. Once dry I went over with another colour and left it to dry again. I coloured some of the Creative expression seam binding with the sprays and then I then stitched it up on the machine, stuffed it and added some of the Tim Holtz Lavish trims which I also coloured with the spray. For the pink heart I used antique rose and then Lava red for the bottom half. The antique rose for the trim and a mixture of both for the seam binding.
 
 
   You can then embellish it how you like, I added some flowers I had and one of the very cute jewellery tags from the pound shop and one of the many lovely keys Sarah Jane sells too.

 
 
  Here is the other heart I made, a different shape heart and different colour but made in the same way as before. The coloured spray I used on this was a mixture of Egyptian blue, Antique Green (that gives the gold sheen) and Patina, all from the vintage mist range.
 
 
To embellish it I used 2 of the Bo Bunny Timepiece buttons and some of the sprayed Tim Holtz trim. 
 
 
 I hope you have a go, these would make lovely gifts , great for a bride too.

No comments:

Post a Comment