Friday 1 February 2013

Gloss Resist Tags

I learnt a new technique the other day and had to give it a go and share it with you...
 
 
If you like the resist look then this is for you. You need a template of your choice and Eco Green Artist Medium Gloss ( you can do it with the Matt but ...the gloss works better ) You also need an old credit card type thing to apply the medium and a surface to apply it to.

I decided to make some tags so cut the PaperArtsy Smoothy Card with the Alterations Die Tag & Bookplates Then applied the Artist medium with the credit card making sure all the areas were covered, removed the template and left it to dry. Then something magical happened, when it dried it gave a crackle affect! It must be what the card is coated with!! Looks cool though!

I then used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylics to colour the background and decorated it with Kaisercraft Miss Match Bingo Cards and Kaisercraft Collectables Miss Match. I filled a Creative Expressions Glass Vials Medium with Imagination Crafts Magi Glitz
Gel - Arctic Frost and tied a tiny White Jewellery Tags and stuck on the tag to finish off. Hope you like it!
 
 
 
The Fruit Pixie design elf here again with the other tag I made using the resist technique I described before. This time I went bright, which is slightly unusual for me but it shows the different effects you can get with this technique.
 
 

I used the same as before, a tag cut from the PaperArtsy Smoothy Card and the resist technique that again gave a crackle affect. This time though I used the Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Misters in Yellow, green and blue. I then cut a Alterations tattered flowers die to cut the rose shaped flowers out of Foundations A4 Kraft Twistwrap 10 sheets, which is great fun to play with if you haven't yet tried.
 
To add the colour to the flowers and the Tattered leaves cut from the same paper I used Imagination Crafts Silkies which I love. I then added a button form Sarah's wonderful button collections, added BLOOM using Alterations Die Typeset Alphabet to the leaf and finished off the tag using something very unusual!!
 
 
 
Bet you can't guess what it is?????????
 

1 comment:

  1. Is the 'ribbon' made from a Xmas cracker hat ???
    Fabby tags thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete