Sunday 13 May 2012

Dragon Card

Dragon card

 Katrina used -
* Craft UK 6 x 6 Card Blanks Kraft
* Crafthouse Press Oriental Woodcut Prints
* A4 Vintage Oriental Calligraphy ( I used a page from a Chinese book but these papers would be perfect )
* Assorted Joss Papers
* Replica Chinese Coins Tiny
* Assorted Oriental Ephemera
* Alterations Die Vintage Lace
* Distress ink Black soot

1. Tear your calligraphy paper to fit the front of your card. Apply some black ink to the edges
2. Choose the image from the woodcut prints you would like to use and cut the image down slightly. Apply some black ink to the edges.
3. Stick the paper to the card and then apply your double sided tape to the card where you want the Joss paper circle to be. Joss paper will tear very easily, so I find it easier to apply the tape or glue to the card and place the Joss paper on top.
4. In my Oriental Ephemera pack I had the little game card which I cut in half and placed half behind the woodcut . Stick this to the card.
5. Cut a piece of the vintage lace using the Alterations vintage lace die, I used what was left of my chocolate bar foil wrapper, a good excuse to have a certain bar of chocolate, and stick to the bottom of your woodcut.
6. Place a Chinese coin to the top of the woodcut and you are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment