Saturday 12 May 2012

Inchies, Twinchies & More...

Inchies, Twinchies & More...

I've had more than a few Inchie related emails, phone calls and questions and I discovered one of our homegrown mags recently had quite a feature on them which obviously sparked the extra interest.
I thought I'd just give a little clarification on what they all were and the differences, based on the questions I received.

Inchies: 1 x 1 inch square of artwork. Made from cardstock, chipboard, fabric, whatever base you decide. What is important is the size 1" Square. When I first discovered Inchies quite a few years ago, there seemed to be an awful lot of rules; Inchies must contain an image, at least 1 word and an embellishment. Quite a lot to fit into such a small canvas. I never discovered if those were rules specific to the swap groups or general 'rules', but these certainly have relaxed since inchies have moved out of the collage, mixed media sphere. Now anything seems to go!

Rinchie: The same size as an Inchie only round, R-Inchie see...! A great size for pendants or rings and also bottle cap art, although bottle caps seem to have waned a little in popularity just now.

Inchie+: 1.5 x 1.5 inch square. These are relatively new to me but look like a great place to start if you think a 1" square is too small. You can always work down to a smaller canvas or stick with the larger ones if you prefer.

Twinchies: 2 x 2 Inch square. A much easier size to work with and a fab embellishment for larger works and a great focal image for ATC's. Again a good starting point to work down from.

Thrinchies: 3 x 3 Inch square. Now you knew that was coming didn't you...!

Another question I was asked was "What are Moo cards?"

Moos: 1-1/8 x 2-3/4 Inches. Moo cards and Mini Moos originated on the fabulous Moo.com site where you can upload your own designs and artwork and order Moo Business size cards and Mini Moos half size business cards. The smaller size became popular with crafters and the name stuck.
I hope that helps clear up a bit of confusion and let me know if there's anything else I can help you with...Inchie wise. I'm not much good at fixing laptops or leaky taps!

No comments:

Post a Comment